PDHPE Teachers ( 3 )
SEDA College is currently seeking passionate and energetic teachers to teach and assess students in the Sport Development Program.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Deliver curriculum and assess students for Stage 6 PDHPE and VET qualifications
- Create a healthy and productive class atmosphere especially including the development of strong, positive and supportive relationships with all students.
- Support ALL students regardless of ability and actively collaborate in motivational and flexible teaching
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with parents/guardians via phone, email and the College online system
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local schools, RTO, employers and local government
- Liaise with the relevant state sporting organisation’s staff to coordinate events, programs and activities and maintain data to complete end of year reporting
Position Requirements include:
- NESA Teaching Registration (or current exemption due to prior teaching experience and status) relevant to teaching Stage 6 PDHPE– PLEASE indicate what level of NESA registration you hold
- Current First Aid qualification (including CPR and Anaphylaxis Training)
- Current Driver’s License
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 (or willing to gain qualification prior to start date)
- Experience in playing and coaching sport;
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written communication skills; and
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, autonomous and enormously rewarding.
Appointment of the successful applicant will be made subject to satisfactory evidence of qualifications and teaching registration.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 16th October 2017
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for any of the current vacancies listed on this site, please read the position description. Selection will be based on assessment against the specified selection criteria. What you need to do:
- Obtain the position description and review against your own skills and attributes
- Update your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Write a covering letter
- Address the selection criteria (if applicable)
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org