ENGLISH TEACHER (Part Time)
SEDA College is currently seeking passionate and energetic teachers to teach English in the Sport Development Program. These are currently 12 month positions replacing staff on Maternity leave. One position will continue in 2019.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Deliver curriculum and assess students for NESA English Studies qualifications
- Create a healthy and productive class atmosphere especially including the development of strong, positive and supportive relationships with all students.
- Support ALL students regardless of ability and actively collaborate in motivational and flexible teaching
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with parents/guardians via phone, email and the College online system
Position Requirements include:
- NESA Teaching Registration (or current exemption due to prior teaching experience and status) relevant to teaching Stage 6 English Studies– PLEASE indicate what level of NESA registration you hold
- Current Driver’s License
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written communication skills; and
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, autonomous and enormously rewarding.
Appointment of the successful applicant will be made subject to satisfactory evidence of qualifications and teaching registration.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 16th October 2017
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for any of the current vacancies listed on this site, please read the position description. Selection will be based on assessment against the specified selection criteria. What you need to do:
- Obtain the position description and review against your own skills and attributes
- Update your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Write a covering letter
- Address the selection criteria (if applicable)
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org